Saturday, August 24, 2013

Little Man is Getting Big!

Wow...4 days since I posted last. I have to get better about keeping the blog updated. I know there are at least a few of you out there that look forward to hearing about Cooper!
He is doing very well. He had a bit of a struggle in the middle of the week. He was having lots of episodes of bradycardia and some spit up. Dr P decided it might be reflux and started him on meds Thursday morning. He has only had three doses so far but I believe it is helping.

He is doing okay with eating by bottle. He does not eat much before getting tired and falling asleep but that is normal for a baby that is only 35 weeks gestational age.

We also practice nuzzling at least once a day and I think he's doing great. He knows exactly how to latch on and does great for just a few minutes, then starts to drift off to sleep. The trick is going to be for him to figure out to continue sucking. Right now he sucks for a few seconds and takes a break for about 30 seconds, then repeats.

I have noticed a major improvement though. He used to suck, then take a break to breathe. Now he had figured out how to breathe while sucking!  Yay Cooper!

Last night he was 3 lbs 7 oz, gaining weight everyday! Sometime he only gains a few grams, but at least it is a gain everyday! Just last night I realized that he almost looks like a full term newborn. He is still much smaller than full term babies, but he is chunking up. He has chipmunk cheeks and a Buddha belly, even his chicken legs are getting a little thicker!
I'll end this update with a picture of my little man. He is such a sweetie and I am so in love with him.

2 comments:

  1. So wonderful to hear he is doing well! Keep growing little man!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading everything about Cooper!! Makes me feel closer to him!! Keep growing Cooper! Love that precious face!

    ReplyDelete