Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013 Resolutions

I think it is fitting for my first blog post of the year to be about my 2013 resolutions. I'm not one of those women who set a resolution each year, but this year I have a lot of goals that I have been thinking about recently, so I'm falling into the peer pressure and publicly setting those goals as new year's resolutions.

1. Lose weight - I've already gotten a head start on this one. I joined Weight Watchers last week. I did WW a couple of years ago and lost almost 30 pounds. This time I have a certain weight in mind that I want to get down to, which would require me to lose about 18 pounds. I'm not planning to be quite as strict with the program as I was last time, but having a healthier diet and getting a little exercise will be a big change from the past year.

2. Keep a clean house - I made a nice little list of the "chores" to do each day of the week, just about 30 minutes of cleaning each day to keep the whole house cleaned weekly. I don't expect that I will follow that list perfectly everyday...obviously there will be days when I am to busy to clean or am just not in the mood to clean...but I am hoping that I will take the initiative to complete those chores on a different day.

3. Drink more water - Seriously, I don't drink enough water.

4. Less technology - I'm certainly not addicted to technology, but I do end up checking email/facebook/pinterest at least 4 times a day...before work, on lunch break, right after work, and right before going to bed. My goal is to cut it down to checking all of these only once in the evening.

5. Save more money - I already have a set amount of money that I put into my savings accounts each paycheck but I'm going to double that amount.

6. Blog more - I'm jump starting this goal by doing the 31 Days Challenge again :)

Happy 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment