Friday, June 22, 2012

Button Earrings

A few months ago, I found a photo of button earrings on Pinterest. It turns out they were being sold on Etsy. They were only about $5, but I have so many buttons that I figured I could just make them myself. I bought a bag of earring posts and backs, and a bottle of super glue. I use the brush on kind because it doesn't get clogged.



 Probably the hardest part of this project was finding two buttons in my entire stash that matched. I flipped them both upside down and brushed on a layer of super glue.

Then I stuck one of the posts in the glue and let it sit for a few minutes. Once it dried and seemed sturdy, I brushed another layer of glue around the post just to keep it more secure, then let it dry again.

I think I'll wear the white ones today!

No comments:

Post a Comment