Thursday, October 1, 2009

Loaded Baked Potato Chowder

I got this recipe from Pampered Chef.

3 large baking potatoes (or I just used a bag of Ore Ida Steam & Mash)
3 cups milk
4 oz cream cheese
2 tbsp butter
3 green onions (sliced)
4 oz cheddar cheese (grated)
salt & pepper to taste
4 strips bacon (cooked and chopped)
1 steam bag of broccoli

The recipe says to microwave potatoes, then chop. I just used the steam and mash and microwaved then poured the potato cubes into the soup mixture. The only down side to using the steam and mash was that I put them in while the mixture was cooking and they were stirred to much and mashed a little too much. Next time I will wait and put them in at the last minute so they will stay cubed.

Whisk cream cheese, milk, and butter.
Cook in a pan until warm.
Meanwhile, steam broccoli in the microwave and fry the bacon.
Add in cheese, onions, bacon, and broccoli.
Add in potato cubes.

We enjoyed our soup with grilled cheese.

2 comments: