Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Grandma Owen's Caramel Apple Pie

As I stated in a previous post, Jake recently bought 5 kilos of apples. I found this recipe that my Grandma sent me for my bridal shower. We still have 25 apples left though, so I'll still take recipes!

Ingredients:
2 refridgerated pie crusts
6-8 apples (peeled and sliced thinly)
2/3 cup sugar
2 Tbsp flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 Tbsp butter (melted)
1 bottle caramel ice cream topping

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Toss apples and all dry ingredients together.
Lay one crust in the pan.
Pour in filling.
Drizzle with melted butter.
Drizzle with caramel topping.
Top with other crust and press together edges of crusts.
Cook for about 30 minutes.

Jake wanted to get in on the work, so I had him slice the apples.
Jake LOVED it! We sliced too many apples, so I'm planning to make another pie tomorrow once I get another crust, so next time I might add some cinnamon. Jake told me I'm crazy and that it is perfect just the way we made it tonight!
We made a run to the gelateria down the road to get some vanilla gelato, and drizzled on some extra caramel.

No comments:

Post a Comment