Thursday, October 1, 2009

Chicken Salad Sandwiches

My mom used to make chicken salad alot when I was still living at home, so I asked Jake if he would like for me to make some. He claims that he doesn't ever remember trying any, so of course I had to make it!

Mom never used a recipe or any set measurements, so I didn't really keep track of how much of each ingredient I put in. As she said though, you can't really mess it up!

4 chicken breast (boiled and cubed)
2 spatula scoops of miracle whip
2 spatula scoops of sour cream
a few teaspoons of cumin **correction...it was actually curry powder that I used** (they both start with a C, I get confused by spice names)
about 20 grapes (quartered and "de-seeded")
2 stalks of celery (cut)
a handful of pecans

Mix it all together and serve on bread or croissants or in wraps.

1 comment:

  1. I don't remember ever putting cumin in my chicken salad. My spice of choice would have been dill seed or curry powder. You can never go wrong with curry powder.

    ReplyDelete