Friday, September 4, 2009

Homemade Mac & Cheese

I got this recipe from my friend Meagan. See her blog here.

Ingredients:
- 16 oz pasta
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 Tbs. flour
- dash of salt & pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups Cracker Barrel Extra Sharp White Cheese, shredded
- pack of Hormel cubed ham
- about 1/2 cup of bread crumbs

I threw in the rest of the Italian mix shredded cheese that was left over from my calzone(mozzarella, provalone, and parm) so I also added an extra 1/2 cup of milk

Directions:
- cook pasta & drain
- melt butter in large skillet
- add flour, salt & pepper
- cook until smooth
- add milk and continue stirring until boiling
- still stirring, cook 1-2 more minutes until it thickens
- mix in cheeses and stir until melted
- add pasta
- pour into casserole & top with bread crumbs
-bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes, or until crumbs start to brown



No comments:

Post a Comment