Monday, August 17, 2009

Poppy Seed Chicken

I got this recipe from a church friend back in MO, Megan Matthews. It is not so healthy, but it is easy and fantastic! Megan recommends using the reduced sodium or low fat versions of the ingredients to help make it a bit more healthy.

5 cups chopped, cooked chicken
1 (10.5 oz) can of cream of chicken soup
1 cup sour cream
1 1/2 cup crushed Ritz crackers
1 tsp. poppyseed
1/2 cup butter, melted


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place the chicken (chopped) in a 9x13 baking dish.

In a separate bowl, stir together the soup and sour cream. Pour over chicken.

In a separate bowl, stir together the crushed crackers, poppy seeds, and melted butter. Sprinkle over the chicken and sauce.

Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until the top of the casserole is browned and the sauce is bubbly.

When I made this, I noticed one "tube" of crackers was a little more than 1 1/2 cups, but I did the whole tube anyway. Also, it seemed too buttery when I reheated, so the second time I made it, I used less than the 1/2 cup. (closer to 6 tablespoons) I also use way more than 1 teaspoon poppy seeds.

Jake seemed to like the poppy seed chicken, but he did NOT like the brussel sprouts I made as a side dish.

I forgot to take a picture before dinner, so you get to see our leftovers!

No comments:

Post a Comment