Thursday, August 6, 2009

More Italian Cuisine

Bruschetta is another very popular Italian dish that I wanted to try out.

I didn't feel quite brave enough to chop my own tomatoes so I bought a can that already had some great Italian seasoning.
For the bread, I used two small french bread loaves (because they were 63 cents on the day old bread rack) but next time I think I may use a french bread bagette, it would be easier to use smaller slices. On the bread, I applied a thin layer of olive oil.
I drained the tomatoes, then heated them in a saucepan to try to evaporate some of the left over liquid.
Then I scooped the tomatoes on top of the oil covered bread, and topped with some mushrooms and fresh shredded parmesan. Then I cooked it in the oven for about 10 minutes.

They turned out great! Except for the fact that next time I will start with bit size bread so I don't have to cut it afterward. That was a bit of a mess!

1 comment:

  1. YUM! I have some fresh tomatos from my garden... I might try this for dinner.

    ReplyDelete